Quality policy statement
R&M Developments Limited is a civil engineering, building, plant hire and demolition contracting company working for a range of public and private sector clients and as a main contractor and a specialist sub-contractor. The company also provides plant and equipment hire.
The development and maintenance of an effective quality management system is seen to be crucial to the company’s business in terms of enhancing efficiency, controlling and managing risk and ensuring consistent high standards of service and the necessary quality of completed works.
The Top Management of the company is defined as the Directors who are committed to:
- Identifying issues considered crucial to the company’s purpose and strategic direction together with key controls in relation to those issues.
- The development and implementation of a quality management system (QMS) in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001 and ensuring it is effective in addressing key issues.
- Ensuring compliance with requirements of the QMS.
- Continually improving the effectiveness of the QMS.
- Ensuring effective integration of the QMS with the company environmental and health and safety management systems.
The objectives of the quality management system include ensuring that:
- Key issues crucial to the company’s success and strategic direction are identified and that the quality management system is designed to be an effective tool in successfully addressing those issues.
- Client requirements are identified and met with the aim of enhancing client satisfaction.
- All requirements regarding the service provided by the company are met.
- The quality policy is communicated and understood at all levels of the organisation
- Appropriate quality objectives are set by the Directors and performance reviewed
- The effectiveness of quality management is continually reviewed and improved
Business objectives and an associated action plan are established and performance reviewed by the Directors on the basis of the recommendations made in management review meetings.
The policy is reviewed at least annually as part of the annual management review and, where necessary, on an ad-hoc basis in response to any circumstances which would necessitate its review.
The policy and the associated quality objectives are communicated to all employees and displayed in the company offices.