R&M Developments Limited is a civil engineering, building, plant hire and demolition contracting company working for a range of public and private sector clients and as a main contractor and a specialist sub-contractor. R&M Developments Limited recognises that its activities have an environmental impact and minimising any negative aspects of that impact is an integral part of its overall business objectives. To that end it will engage in the activities listed below:
- Establish standards and management procedures to ensure that all the requirements of relevant environmental legislation are met and compliance with ISO 14001. Review and update our understanding of these requirements on a regular basis.
- Set regular objectives and targets to minimize our environmental impacts and ensure continual improvement in our performance.
- Seek to procure materials, tools, equipment and services locally where appropriate.
- Ensure that arisings are recycled wherever possible. Seek to reduce consumption of materials in all operations, reuse rather than dispose wherever possible, and promote recycling and the use of recycled materials.
- Aim to achieve energy efficiency in offices and the use of plant and vehicles.
- Establish procedures for minimising the occurrence of, and mitigating the impacts of, environmental incidents to prevent pollution and nuisance.
- Reduce, wherever practicable, the level of harmful emissions from any activity.
- Ensure that all waste materials are dealt with appropriately.
- Ensure awareness of environmental issues within the company by training and by inclusion in operational management procedures.
- Monitor environmental performance.
- Communicate on the environment with interested parties, including employees, clients and other contractors and, where relevant, local residents, and public authorities, through a spirit of open dialogue and proactive involvement.
- Commit to identifying and allocating the necessary resources to implement the policy and the environmental management system fully and successfully.
- Review the policy, at least annually as part of the annual management review, and where necessary on an ad-hoc basis in response to any circumstances which would necessitate its review.
- Publish this environmental policy in appropriate ways to confirm commitment to the activities included in it