Occupational health and safety policy statement
R&M Developments Ltd regard the promotion of Health and Safety measures as a mutual objective for management and employees at all levels and a shared objective with its sub-contractors, clients and other contractors.
The Company is committed to the principle of continual improvement in occupational health and safety performance and to this end has identified occupational health and safety related objectives and reviews performance against these in accordance with company management system.
The Company recognises that the effective management of occupational health and safety is a key aspect of its overall business performance, enabling it to meet client requirements and minimising risk to the Company’s reputation and profitability.
The Company ensures that it’s management of health and safety complies with the requirements of ISO 45001 and that it is integrated into its overall business procedures and understood at all levels of management.
The Company will give full backing to the Directors who are responsible for developing the policy and ensuring monitoring and implementation of the policy.
In particular, the Company has responsibility to:
- Do all that is reasonably practicable to prevent personal injury, work related ill health and damage to property and to protect everyone from foreseeable work hazards, including other contractors and the public insofar as they come into contact with the Company and its activities.
- As far as possible, eliminate hazards and reduce risk.
- Provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions, taking account of any statutory requirements
- Provide information, training and instruction to enable employees to perform their work safely and efficiently
- Take into account the needs and expectations of interested parties, especially workers.
- Carry out effective consultation and actively encourage participation in the management of health and safety by the workforce.
- Make available all necessary safety devices and protective equipment and supervise their use
- Maintain a constant and continuing interest in Health and Safety matters applicable to the Company’s activities and for its management to set an example in safe behaviour.
Employees have a duty to co-operate in the operation of this policy by:
- Working safely and efficiently
- Using the protective equipment provided and meeting statutory obligations
- Reporting to their supervisors incidents that have led to or may lead to injury or damage
- Assisting in the investigation of accidents with the object of introducing measures to prevent a recurrence.
The Policy will be reviewed at least annually. It may also be reviewed and updated on an ad hoc basis where considered necessary by the Directors. The Company is committed to providing the resources necessary to implement the policy and confirms that effective management of health and safety is crucial to the success of the company. Copies of the policy are freely available within the company and the policy is explained to all employees on induction. This general statement of Company Policy relating to the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 is supported by full details of the organisation and arrangements currently in operation.