Equality policy statement
R&M Developments Limited wholeheartedly support the principle of equal opportunities in employment and oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion and beliefs, age, gender, sexuality, marital status or disability. We specifically undertake to comply with all relevant legislation and published good practice and our practices have been developed in accordance with published guidance from ACAS on Tackling Discrimination and Promoting Equality and the Commission for Race Equality’s Code of Practice for Employment.
We believe that it is in the company’s best interests, and those of all who work in it, to ensure that the human resources, talents and skills available throughout the community are considered when employment opportunities arise. To this end, within the framework of the law, we are committed, wherever practicable to achieving and maintaining a workforce which broadly reflects the local community in which we operate. We have appointed a human resources consultancy to provide the necessary policies and procedures and administer these on behalf of the company to ensure full compliance with all relevant legislation and best practice and to ensure that the requirements of our equality policy are met.
Every possible step will be taken to ensure that individuals are treated equally and fairly and that decisions on recruitment, selection, training, promotion, and career management are based solely on objective and job related criteria. All employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
We are committed to creating an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff are valued and recognised. Every employee is entitled to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
Action to Implement
Policy In order to put this policy into practice in the day to day operation of the business we:
Display this policy in our offices;
- Appoint a specialist human resources consultancy who will ensure that contracts of employment and all personnel management issues reflect current legislation and are managed in accordance with principles stated in this policy;
- Provide training and guidance for key decision makers such as managers and supervisory staff and those involved in personnel and management practices;
- Consult with the workforce on equality issues
- Monitor the existing workforce, and the application and effects of the policy;
- In conjunction with the HR consultancy, examine and review existing procedures for recruitment, selection, promotion and training, to ensure effective implementation of this policy;
- Develop mechanisms for resolving grievances about unfair discrimination and harassment;
- Identify any scope for using lawful positive action training and encouragement, and then put the necessary arrangements in hand;
The Directors and Managers of the Company fully support this policy statement and it is understood that all employees are responsible for playing their part in achieving its objectives. Breaches of the equality policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary procedures.
The Directors share the overall responsibility for this policy and shall maintain a programme detailing the implementation of the policy and shall monitor and review its success. The policy will be reviewed annually as part of the overall company management review.